Board of Directors 2016-2020
- The elected Board of Directors is responsible for the management of ICDA in accordance with the requirements of the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, the ICDA Articles and the By-laws approved by the Members of ICDA and Government of Canada.
- The minimum number of Directors is 4 and the maximum is 9. A director may be elected for any number of terms.
- The Secretary is an officer of ICDA appointed by the directors from amongst the directors.
- The Chair of the Board of Directors is an officer of ICDA appointed by the directors from amongst the directors.
Election of directors
- Members may nominate their official Representatives to stand for election to the ICDA Board of Directors.
- Nominations are invited from all Members in the years when vacancies are anticipated, in accordance with a formal official Call for Nominations.
- Directors are elected by official Representatives at an annual meeting of Members, generally for a four-year term beginning immediately following the annual meeting when elected.
- A profile for each qualified candidate is circulated with the Notice of Annual Meeting where the election is scheduled to take place.