WHO can become a member?
Membership in the Corporation is available to national dietetic associations interested in furthering ICDA’s purposes and who have applied for and been accepted into membership in ICDA by the Board if Directors.
There is only one type of Member. Members are national dietetic associations from all countries of the world which meet the conditions for members in the definition that follows and which make timely payment of the Membership Fee.
A “national dietetic association” is a professional society or association of members, at least 65% of whom are a dietitian-nutritionist, that is, a professional who applies the science of food and nutrition to promote health, prevent and treat disease to optimise the health of individuals, groups, communities and populations” and who meets the international education standard adopted the ICDA Board of Directors.
- On receipt of documentation acceptable to the Board, membership eligibility will be confirmed.
- Up to two national dietetic associations from one country may be approved. In the event that there are more than two national associations of dietitians-nutritionists in any one country, the organizations in that country are encouraged to resolve which association(s) ought to be a Member. Otherwise, the Board shall consider and approve membership for qualified applicants on a first request basis.
- Where dietitians-nutritionists in a number of countries that do not have national dietetic associations have formed a regional association, an application from the regional association may be treated as an application from a national dietetic association.
- Where in a country two or more dietetics associations whose members collectively meet the conditions for members set forth in the definition above have come together to form a federation of dietitians-nutritionists associations the resulting federation of associations may be treated as an application from a national dietetic association.
- A Member association as at May 6, 2016 shall continue to be qualified for membership in the corporation as long as Fees are paid in accordance with the By-law. On termination of membership, reinstatement will be in accordance with the Reinstatement By-law.
Reinstatement – A national dietetic association that has had its membership terminated or that has resigned may apply to become a member under the conditions of membership that apply to all applicants.
Membership Fees – Membership fees are set by members at an annual meeting at an amount to be paid per member in the national dietetic association that is the member. The amount, in US dollars, becomes effective with the next financial year. Members shall be notified in writing of the membership fees to be paid and, if any are not paid within six (6) calendar months of the membership renewal date the members in default shall automatically cease to be members of the Corporation. A national dietetic association approved for membership shall become a member when fees that are payable by them are received.
HOW can a dietetics association become a Member?